SA2 - Magical Glacier Walk
Fun and Easy Walk on Snæfellsjökull´s Glacier Ice.
This is our shortest and most popular glacier tour. The well-known magical elements of Snæfellsjökull glacier can be experienced in this tour, especially for those seeking pure contact with unspoiled nature. This tour begins at Gufuskálar Base (Meeting Point B) where we fit crampons and boots. From there we drive our shuttle up to the roots of Snæfellsjökull glacier at 750-meter elevation. Then we walk up to the ice itself where we put on crampons and walk at relatively easy pace up to about 880 meters to see crevasses, moulins and other interesting ice formations on the way. We will stop regularly on the way to enjoy the beautiful view over the lowlands and Breiðafjörður bay on one side and up to the summit on the other side.
Location: Meeting point B
Duration: 3 hours total, about 1,5 hour on ice
This tour is highly dependent on conditions, that may vary a lot between years. Only during summer when the snow has melted off the glacier’s surface it is possible to operate this tour. This exact starting date varies a lot. It could be anywhere from mid-June to mid-August and the last tours are usually in late September. Please contact us for further info or see the availability through bokun.is and our website.
Two variable departures at 10:30 AM and 2:30 PM. Contact us for more info on availability, or see our website’s booking system.
• Minimum age is 12 years old
• Minimum shoe size for crampons is EU 35 / US 5
You need to bring:
• Warm clothes (Also available for purchase in our office)
• Gore-Tex outerwear/shell (if you need)
• Mountaineering/hiking boots (if you need)
• All necessary glacier safety gear
o Ice axe
Availability can be found on Bókun or on our official website
• Adults (18+): ISK. 13900
• Teenagers (12-17): ISK. 8900
Please supply a breakdown of price groups with bookings and vouchers.
All prices are rack prices including VAT 11% (11% VSK). Chances are that your company has a contract for net prices, that´s usually in the form of a percentage discount of our tours.
• ISK. 64000 - starting price.
• Pay for each person according to price list above
• With this we can serve glacier-cooled champagne, as well as other snacks and beverages of your choice.