SA3 - Midnight Sun Summit Tour
Beautiful Scenery, Beautiful Sunset.
The Midnight Sun Tour is a mix of snowcat ride and hiking. We start this tour at Gufuskálar Base (Meeting Point B) to gear up. From there we drive to our snowcat up to roughly 1000 meter elevation. From there we hike up the remaining 350 meter elevation to Snæfellsjökull glacier’s North Summit while the sun is going down. The views over the clouds, Breiðafjörður Bay, Snæfellsnes peninsula and Faxaflói bay on the other side, bathed in the magnificent midnight sun is what makes this tour the most scenic tour we offer. We will stop for photo opportunities on the North Summit before walking back down. This tour requires average or above average fitness, although the pace of the hike itself is relatively relaxed. Maximum of 8 participants will form a rope team with their guide, where each team member is attached to a climbing rope. Depending on conditions we may use snowshoes or crampons to assist us with this hike.
Location: Meeting point B
Duration: 4 hours
This tour is available from mid-June to mid-July with the main focus on summer solstice around June 20th.
Regular departures are at 9 pm on selected dates from meeting point B. Contact us for more info on availability, or see our website’s booking system.
• Minimum age is 12 years old
• Minimum shoe size for crampons is EU 35 / US 5
You need to bring:
• Warm clothes according to weather (also for purchase at our office)
• Backpack for your belongings, extra layers and crampons (approx. 25 l.)
• Food and/or snacks if you prefer your own.
• Gore-Tex outerwear/shell (if you need)
• Mountaineering/hiking boots (if you need)
• Water, sports drinks and energy bars.
• All necessary glacier safety gear
o Ice axe
o Helmet (where applicable)
Availability can be found on Bókun or on our official website www.summitguides.is
• Adults (18+): ISK. 22900
• Teenagers (12-17): ISK. 9900
Please supply a breakdown of price groups with bookings and vouchers.
All prices are rack prices including VAT 11% (11% VSK). Chances are that your company has a contract for net prices, that´s usually in the form of a percentage discount of our tours.
• ISK. 79000 - starting price
• Pay for each person according to price list above
• With this we can serve glacier-cooled champagne opened on the glacier. Ask for more information.